The History of Kingsclere Tennis Club
The club was formed in 1913 and comprised of three grass courts. In 1969 these courts were replaced by two hard courts. This enabled the club to prosper and become a focal point for tennis in the village of Kingsclere.
The club is run by a committee of members and is a self funded, non profit membership club.
In 2009 the mens first team won the Newbury Leagues first division, as well as winning the Basingstoke League Summer league in 2007, 2008, 2009 and the Winter league in 2005/6, 2006/7, 2007/8, 2008/9, 2009/10.
Recent developments at the club include two new ‘astro turf’ courts built in 2007, as well as a new ‘club house’ which was opened in 2013.
The club continues to flourish and is looking forward to the next 100 years.